According to Andrew Sullivan (video below), you must post at least twice a day to be considered a real blog (h/t Nisbet). Since I rarely post twice a week, I’m really in trouble. Apparently I’m not blogging and “just putting stuff up online.”
With that, here is some more stuff I’ve decided to just put online:
1. Gary Gutting in the Times on experts and global warming.
2. William Pannapacker in Slate on fixing higher education. He basically trashes getting a PhD in the humanities.
3. The response from several graduate students, and his response to the response.
6. Given how much I write about science and sports, I’d be remiss if I didn’t highlight this excellent Freddie DeBoer analogy between baseball and high-quality teachers.
7. Along those lines, Roger Pielke Jr’s new blog The Least Thing focuses entirely on the role of sport in society. Yeah!
That is all. You may continue.